Monday, June 3, 2013

Logo Project

The logo project was one of the first projects we did in art class. I started by planning which initials i would use from my name for my logo. I went with my first and last initial, M and L. I then incorporated items i liked into my logo. I chose the tribal print for the letter M because its one of my favorite patterns. Also it created interest in the piece. For the L i chose to make a paintbrush appear as though it was painting the surface below it, creating the L shape. After we planned our logo we transferred it to normal 8x10 paper. We then traced over it in permanent marker. After turning it in, it was shrunk down to a small size on the computer. While creating our logo we had to use lots of contrast and negative space. Contrast was shown with the black and white colors. I tried to make mine an even amount of black and white space on my logo. Also negative space had to be shown, which wasn't a problem for my logo because much of the tribal pattern on the M was negative space.

No comments:

Post a Comment